After 2 and half months, I finally drew a house warming party inviting 11 adults and 4 kids (colleagues and their families) yesterday - Sep. 1. It was Eid day when Muslims - most Pakistani - celebrate finishing their Ramadan and there are 4 national holidays (in 2011, from Aug 31 to Sep. 3). As a foreigner here, I go to work in the morning time except the first day. That gave me a long preparation time for cooking.
I had this grand menu turned out to be so many and too much. But it was generally successful. Mixed in nationalities, I cooked from mild to spice. For my own memory, here is the menu.
1. Pumpkin potato soup (Soupe de Potiron)
3. Chicken Breast Wrapped in Bacon with Cheese
4. Tomato Mozzarella Cheese
5. Wanton Soup
6. Salmon Steak
7. Dduk-bok-ki in soy sauce
8. Inarizushi & Triangle rice wrapped in Seaweed
9. Vietnamese Rice Paper Roll
10. Spicy Whelk noodle with fresh vegetables
11. Home-made Pickle
12. Fruit Salad
13. Chai Tea with Cheese Cake
14. Cheese with nuts and dried fruits
I was too busy to talk to guests until everyone finished their dishes. After all, my dishes were great so all guests were. It is such a pity that I didn't take any picture of my house full of the guests. Anyway, I feel I am settled down in Lahore.